Gerald R. Nowotny, JD, LL.M.
Gerald R. Nowotny, JD, LL.M. – Founder/Principal/Managing Partner, Long Gray Line Consulting (LGL), LLC
Gerald Nowotny is Founder and Principal of Long Gray Line Consulting (LGL), a specialty consulting firm specializing in tax planning uses of life insurance and annuity contracts, captives, and advanced planning programs for high net worth clients and institutional investors. He has 23 years experience in advanced life insurance tax planning, private placements annuities and programs.
Mr. Nowotny’s background includes experience with Deloitte & Touche, Marsh McClellan Financial Services, Mass Mutual and the Philadelphia Financial Group/AGL Life Assurance Co., creating private placement life insurance and annuity products.
His Professional accomplishments include:
1) Developed and marketed niche proprietary Private Placement Annuity program for institutional investors,
producing $1 billion in the first 24 months;
2) Provided detailed analysis for an institutional advisor with $9 billion in Private Placement Group Variable
Deferred Annuity contract assets;
3) Developed platforms for Offshore Private Placement Life Insurance marketing projects, generating more
than $110 million in 12 months;
4) Devised a global International Private Placement Insurance Program that made more than $100 million in
24 months; and,
5) Published 12 articles in industry periodicals, including a treatise on International Private Placement Life Insurance, and is considered a leading authority in this field. He has been a platform speaker at AALU on Private Placement Life Insurance. This is the professional association of the highest end life insurance producers. Additional personal speaking appearances include ten major legal, life insurance and hedge fund
Mr. Nowotny earned a J.D. and LL.M. from the University of Miami and a BS from the United States Military Academy at West Point (1982). He served on active duty for five years leaving the Army as a Captain. Mr. Nowotny was a Spanish and Portugese major and had the highest level of non-native speaking proficiency in both languages based on the Department of Defense language tests. He is a member of the Florida Bar Association, a Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant.